We Are Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
Located in the main mailroom, the Mailroom Clerk receives sorts, distributes, and meters mail going to and coming from all museum locations.
Specifically, you will:
- Receives stacks of bundled mail from USPS mail carriers.
- Sorts and distributes mail into department bins for pick-up.
- Arranges for picked up and delivered of department bins to other buildings by museum driver(s).
- Picks up outgoing mail and packages for delivery to the USPS.
- Weighs items that will be mailed and affixes the proper postage using postage meter.
- Answers employees’ questions regarding mailings, rates and more.
- Maintaining adequate inventory of supplies such as shipping envelopes and boxes, mailing envelopes, tape, scissors, markers, stickers, and shipping labels.
- Replenish the company's supply of certain office materials/forms, such as certified mail, timecards, and kitchenette materials.
Your background and experience include:
- Strong organizational and clerical skills to ensure that every package and letter is delivered to the correct individual on time.
- Basic computer skills for the purposes of data entry and reordering supplies as necessary.
- Strong professional and communication skills for dealing with the USPS and other employees within the facility.
- The ability to multitask and perform many different duties—such as delivering mail, collecting mail, and answering questions—all at the same time.
- A valid Driver’s License (required)
Compensation: The hourly rate for this position is $15.
This position is part of the AFSCME Local 397 bargaining unit.